Friday, November 26, 2010

A Happy And Thankful Turkey Day


Talk about having ALOT to be thankfull for. It has been quite the holiday season already. We have spent the past couple of days in the hospital with my amazing dad. When I think of him I have endless thoughts and emotions run through me. I could not be more thankfull for him, and for all that he means to me. He is a wonderful example of a loving Father, Husband/Companion, and Friend. He has so much strenth, love, compassion, and patience. I could never of asked for better, because he is so much more than I could have even wished for.

We have put Thanksgiving on hold for a couple days so that we can enjoy it as a family. Which was the only reason the holidays mean anything to me.....FAMILY. I am not a huge holiday fan, but am learning to appreciate it more for the little things. I had a conversation with my dad yesterday while I was sitting with him that I will forever hold dear in my heart. It was just what I needed to snap me out of my bad attitude about the holidays. His advice to me was don't worry about the hustle and the bustle that people create, instead soak up the cheer, the smells, the sounds, and the feelings. It only takes a fiew words for him to make an impact on me...well sometimes no words just a look ha ha. But I wanted to share that with everyone. So that maybe you too can remember the little things that make the holidays what they really are. The sights, smells, sounds, feelings, music, tastes, calmness, warmth, traditions, and most importantly family.

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet post! I loved it. I am so thankful you wrote what you did. We did have a good Thanksgiving, and we have so so much to be thankful for! I agree! Love you Audy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How are you doing Aud? Not much action on here. Love you.

    ReplyDelete